Healthy Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins with strawberries have no Refined Sugar. They are completely Gluten-free, and Dairy Free Muffins. Can these little guys get any healthier? They are the perfect on the go breakfast, that is both nourishing and delicious!!
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup oats (or extra almond meal for gluten free)
- 1/4 cup LSA (or bran)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bi carb soda
- 1/4 cup natvia
- 1 cup homemade apple sauce (Homemade is best, to ensure no added sugar, alternatively banana could be used as a replacement)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp JT’s Coconut Essence Coconut Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 punnet strawberries
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients (almond meal, oats, baking powder, bi carb, nativa).
- In a separate bowl combine wet ingredients (apple sauce, almond milk, coconut oil, 2 eggs).
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together until they are combined together.
- Lastly mix through 2/3 roughly chopped strawberries.
- Spoon into a lined 12 hole muffin tray.
- Top with more strawberries and a sprinkle of coconut sugar (optional).
- Then bake in a moderate oven for 25mins or until golden and cooked through.
About Shelley Judge
Shelly is a passionate foodie, amateur photographer and nutrition nut! She studied a Bachelor of Food Science and Nutrition and a Masters in Public Health Nutrition. As a Food Revolution Ambassador for the Jamie Oliver Food Revolution. In her own words…
My love for food sprouted from the day I began cooking alongside my mother at the ripe age of 3. Now I want to use my knowledge in nutrition to share the message of health and educate others about the importance of a healthy relationship with food – yes that means I eat cake.
I love working with kids and believe that is the starting point for living a healthy lifestyle. Through this love, I founded Healthy School Lunches, a program to inspire both Schools and Parents to educate their children on the benefits of healthy eating, and teach them the basics of cooking!A Statement from Shelley Judge