Apple and Cinnamon Tea Cake & Coconut Oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 50 grams of unsalted butter melted, plus 2 tsp for greasing the pan
- 50 grams of melted organic coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup (1 ounce) buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of guar gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder plus 1 tsp lemon juice to activate it
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup yogurt or crème fraîche
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 4 peeled apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and use the extra butter to grease a skillet pan or a 15 cm cake tin. Chop and core the apples into chunks- leaving 1 and a half apples cut length ways slices to decorate the top of the cake. Toss all apples in 2 tsp of lemon juice to ensure they don’t go brown.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl until soft and fluffy and then fold in the melted butter, coconut oil and yogurt/ or crème fraîche. Fold in the dry ingredients and leaving the chopped apple until last when everything is incorporated – try to be gentle as you want the cake to be light and springy. Place into your pan and spread with a wet spatula. Decorate the top of the cake with the reserved apple slices and fan them out from the centre. Press them into the cake to ensure they don’t stick up.
- Cook in the oven for 40-50 minutes until your cake springs back when touched and is golden brown. Cool in pan until the sides move away from the edge of the pan. Carefully remove and serve warm with some organic butter and a little extra yogurt or crème fraîche. Delicious!
Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Organic Coconut Oil – 1L$94.50
Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Organic Coconut Oil – 300mlSale!
Healthy Coconut Snacks Mix n MatchFrom: $74.97